Claire Brockbank is a 30-year veteran of the health care industry, with a breadth and depth of perspective that can only come from working across the spectrum of industry segments.
CWHP is pleased to announce the addition of four new Board members: Wayne Burton, MD, Debra Lerner, PhD, Jodi Jacobson Frey, PhD and Claire Brockbank.
The CDC Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation have marshaled the power of local data across the 500 largest cities in America to help tackle chronic disease. A website launched in the summer of 2017 makes available small area health data that will allow community leaders, researchers, policymakers and others to better understand trends in disease patterns and factors at both the individual and community level that might influence these trends.
Listen to voices of engagement from a recent gathering of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). You will find a variety of stakeholder viewpoints from patient advocates and caregivers to clinicians and researchers.
Take a look at the special issue of Health Affairs focused on the work/health relationship. The Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI) was a co-sponsor of this special issue which covers a range of topics including how employee health and workplace culture are related to work disability, absence, presenteeism and job retention
The World Economic Forum released a white paper “Realizing Human Potential in the Fourth Industrial Revolution” that outlines a common agenda for action for preparing current and future workers for the new world of work.
The James Irvine Foundation has an initiative focused on low-wage workers aimed at supporting these workers’ efforts to influence corporate and public policy that improves their overall wellbeing, job quality and worker opportunities.
Health, wellbeing and productivity in the workplace is a recent RAND report that uses data collected from the Britain’s Healthiest Company competition to investigate connections between lost productivity at work at a range of personal and environmental factors.
Originally released in 2012, the CDC Worksite Health ScoreCard (HSC) is a freely available online tool. Four new topics have been added to the tool including 10 questions around occupational health and safety.
It is well-known in the public health field that health services account for, on average, about 10% of health, while additional factors account for the remaining 90%, including contributors such as genetics, health behaviors, socio-economic circumstances and environmental influences.